20 July 2007

My iPhone dilemma

Ok, here's the deal. I have an iPhone sitting ever so comfortably on my desk unopened. I asked KC to pick one up from the AT&T store at the mall a couple of days ago and still it hasn't been opened. I keep rationalizing the purchase ($650 with tax) which I am ok with but the deal of paying 60 bucks PLUS taxes for 2 years got me thinking. THAT is a lot of moolah.

So here on my desk, a still sealed, unopened iPhone is sitting oh so comfortably. Making me uncomfortable. I have 14 days to decide if i want to keep the phone and swallow the $60 a month for two years just to have a cool phone, which I read from reviews isn't that great anyway, with a lot of missing features - it doesn't even to MMS or record video (gasp!).

For the same price, I can pick up a Nokia N95 which does a lot more than the iPhone, won't lock me to a carrier AND is unlocked!

All this and I don't even need a new phone! I have a perfectly functioning Blackberry Pearl.

Oh technology, why do you tempt me so.

No comments: