30 September 2005

Home calling me





We went to Downtown Seattle this afternoon and did all the touristy stuff and saw places which we only saw in the travel guides before.

But the warm and sunny weather we had since Saturday was gone, and Seattle finally showed its true color, with rains and strong winds all day long and the same is forecast until the weekend.

The brightest spot in our "tour" was the visit to the original Starbucks store near the Pike Street Market. It is hard to believe that this small coffeeshop became the global empire that it is now. It is just a small, obscure and non-intrusive shop in the middle of the market which is so humble that I didn't even notice it when we were walking back.

Our last stop for the day is Best Buy which is the biggest electronic computer shop I have ever been. I felt the same way as I did about 15 years ago when I first went to a Toys-R-Us store in Hong Kong, it was just overwhelming. We spent like an hour and a half there and sobrang bitin. I hope that I can go back there soon. :)

Going back to Bremerton tomorrow to check out the apartment. Hope the weather will be a lot better.

No comments: