15 June 2006

Testing Windows Vista

I have just finished installing Windows Vista on my computer and everything looks good so far - although there are some drivers and software that the OS won't let me install and thus I am unable to use.

I could not install Adobe Flash for some weird reason (is it because Adobe has recently filed a suit against Microsoft? Hmm...) and Zonealarm's installation also hanged midway. My new webcam has also refused to work and so on and so forth.

Microsoft has recently installed a WGA which verifies if the user uses a legal or pirated copy of Windows and is pinging Microsoft servers and locks in your IP address. So just in case you become paranoid that MS might catch you using pirated Windows or Office software, using the beta version (of both Vista and Office 2007) might be a good option for you and gives you enough time to save up for the new software instead of buying XP and Office 2003, both which will become obsolete faster that Windows boots up.

No comments: