12 July 2010

If I was Lebron

I would have also moved to Miami.

Bosh just signed with Miami, making Miami one of the top three teams in the East, along with Boston and Orlando. If I would have stayed with Cleveland, we might be the fourth best team. We definitely would not be that competitive next season. New York and New Jersey is fine, but honestly I don't see winning a ring in those cities.

I will not move to the West Coast. The market is just not there. I would make more money in the East Coast, unless I move to L.A. But, I will not, in any possible circumstance, play with Kobe or the Clippers.

I could have made more money in Cleveland, but I guess we have peaked a couple of years ago. Shaq isn't getting younger. My teammates are not that good. I hate carrying all the load all the time.

I don't mind not being the only superstar of the team. In fact, I kind of like it. Miami weather is gorgeous.  The beach is right THERE.

Thank God I got out of Cleveland. After seeing the reaction of the organization and the fans after my announcement, it broke my heart. For seven years, I have tried to bring the city and the whole state of Ohio the best basketball in the world. I gave them something to cheer about. I grew up in that town, my life is there. But I have to move on. To further my career and achieve my goal, I had to leave.

This decision is not about money, it is not about loyalty, it is not about anything else but winning.

No comments: