29 July 2010

Zinio and Pressreader...

are two of my favorite and most utilized apps for the iPad. To be honest, when I got the iPad, I had no idea what I am gonna use it for. It is a nice must want gadget but serves so real use to me.

Zinio and Pressreader are apps that lests you subscribe to magazines (Zinio) and newspapers (Pressreader) from all over the world. Right now, I use Zinio to get my Maxim, PC World, Macworld and PC Magazine subscription while I am still on the fence on subscribing to the Philippine Daily Inquirer on the Pressreader. (It is $9.99 for a month's worth of news which is cheaper than buying the newsprint in Manila).

I also tried using the iPad as an e-book reader but for me, it fails in that. Having to stare at a backlight LCD for hours strains the eyes badly, even at the least brightness level. I have placed my Kindle pre-order for the new version and is very excited to get it next month.

No comments: