31 July 2010

PAL - Pilots All Leaving???

I just read about the cancellations of numerous Philippine Airlines flights because PAL pilots decided it was a good time to leave en masse, leaving passengers stranded and the air carrier scrambling to hire new pilots to fly the 320s.

I get it that the pilots left for better paying jobs abroad, but what I don't get is the selfishness and the lack of respect for a contract that these pilots showed. Is that an inherent Filipino trait? I am seriously angered by this and I am just wondering how the management of the air carrier is feeling right now. Pay for all the required training, flying hours required and honing these people to become good pilots and then betrayed.

Filipinos are always talking about utang na loob (debt of gratitude) but as these pilots showed, there is no such thing.

Post the names of the pilots that left and which airline they transfered to and boycott their asses!

No comments: