12 August 2005

I think I'm growing up...

It's kinda nice staying home on a Friday night. It's nice that I don't have to worry about which gimik to go to, which friends to contact and how much I am going to spend.

It's kinda nice that I now have a home of my own. A wife that I very much adore, and a baby on the way.

It's kinda weird how a simple pregnancy test can change your whole outlook in life. Before KC took the test, we were sure that our family will just be the two of us for at least another 2 years.

It's kinda worrying that I am going to be a father in half a year. I don't think I am ready to handle such a great responsibility. Though I know I will give everything I can to the baby.

It's kinda scary that we will leave everything that is close to us, everything that we are comfortable with, everything we know in less than 2 months - and exciting at the same time. We will be in a totally different environment with total strangers. I will surely miss sisig.

It's kinda wonderful knowing that all this happened in just a little over a year. I can't wait to see what the next 12 months will bring us.

"Magnificent. The boy is gone. In the last 30 seconds... you became a grown-up." - Finding Neverland


No comments: